BitLife – Life Simulator is the new life simulator on the block, and it’s mercilessly addictive. Seeing your character’s life tick by year by year, watching on as they succeed or fail in love and business – it’s intoxicating stuff.
It also feels a little too big at times. There’s so much to do, and it can be a bit overwhelming. How do you live the best possible life you can? Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered. Here are our best tips and tactics to make sure you make your BitLife a life worth living.
- Study hard It’s a bit of a dull thing to say, but make sure you select the ‘study harder’ option every year when you’re going through your school years. This way you increase your chance of getting a scholarship and not being hit with a hefty student loan. You’ll also get a better job.
- No limits There’s no limit to the amount of things you do per year. Some activities aren’t worth doing multiple times a year of course – such as choosing to study hard – but other hobbies are worth repeating, including going to the gym.
- Buy and sell Sadly you can’t rent out property in BitLife, but you can sell your house. However make sure you don’t buy a place where you get saddled with a mortgage you can’t pay. Start small and take it from there – you have all the time in the world. Unless you get hit by an unseen illness of course…
- Get well soon Talking of falling ill, make sure you always keep an eye on your health. It costs nothing to see the doctor, and if you do get a serious sickness make sure you use a real one to help sort it. A witch doctor will in all likelihood end up making your condition worse.
- Not a lottery In real life winning the lottery simply doesn’t happen. In BitLife however the chances of winning aren’t too bad – so it’s well worth taking a punt if you have the funds. If you hit the jackpot you’ll be on easy street.
- Keep it green Making sure the green bars at the bottom of the screen stay maxed up is vital. To do this keep to a varied timetable of activities – including going to the gym, meditating, and reading at the library.
- Marry old Yes, marrying an older woman (or man) usually sees your character’s happiness go down. But when they peg it you’ll likely get the inheritance money. Which you can then use to buy a new car or the like. It may be coldhearted and cruel, but that’s (Bit)life.
- Keep parents happy Talking of inheritance, make sure you hang out with your parent/s when you can to. Making sure they’re happy can have benefits long-term, including helping paying off your student loans and – yes – getting a big fat inheritance.
- Off the rails You might like to play it safe here on good old planet Earth, but maybe that’s not the best way to play BitLife. So instead of choosing that ‘nice’ option, maybe see what it’s like to be a bit of a rebel – or a jerk. It’s just a game, and you’ll also learn a lot more about what you can get away with and what you can’t in future play-throughs.
Don’t forget to check out our other BitLife guides!